Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

removing tags

• When I clicked as admin on the small cross next to a tag in a topic to remove the tag, it would not let me do it. Got message that tag has not been removed. Is there another way of doing it?

Thank you.

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Thanks chris. I do see the little red “X” when I am logged in as admin. And when I click on it I get the error message that the tag was not deleted and click to go back to the forums.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Why can’t a normal user delete their own tags?

I think the issues are with your template, especially if everything works with Kakumei.

Probably. I am using the “Structure” theme by Justin Tadlock. Might have to change it. A user can delete their tags too? Did not know that. Just out of curiosity, where do I find the code responsible for deleting tags? I would like to go in the theme files to see if it is missing or plain wrong.

Thanks.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

A user normally sees an X next to a tag they added, and they can delete that tag. A normal user cannot modify tags they did not add and there is no X next to them.

Maybe it’s checking the wrong permission to see if user can delete tags or something?

To find the problem, I think I would look at the kakumei theme and compare it to your theme to see where the differences lie. Maybe the theme is using older function names or something.

Which files do I start loking in chris? Or just might change the theme. Can you tell me which themes in the bbpress showcase are newer ones? Maybe “Structure” is an old one not compatible with bbpress 1.0 and above.

Thanks.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I can’t tell from the bbShowcase what version those themes are compatible with.

To find out what might be different, I would find out first what template files show tags, then figure out what is different between the files in your theme and the Kakumei theme.

The Structure theme was created about a year ago, so 1.0 was not out yet.

Is it possible to at least tell me where I can find the “delete tag” code/script so I can look for it in my theme and compare it to the stock theme?

Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar