Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Removing "proudly powered by"

• Hi all, just a simple question.

Am I allowed to remove the advertising from the bottom of bbPress and if so, how exactly do I go about it?

In the theme I’m running it really stands out, and it’s advertising three different websites.

XXX is proudly powered by bbPress. Design: Free CSS Templates – bbPress Port by bbPress Themes.

I’d like to remove it all or at an absolute minimum just all the theme advertising.

Cheers

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

It’s your website, and you can do what you want within the terms of the licence. Sadly the links from this website to teh licence haven’t worked in about a week – I’m not sure anyone is working on it, it took the good folks at Automattic about 4 days to fix the homepage so I doubt links will be workigtn any time soon.

I would though suggest 2 things:

1) Just style it to match your theme. That way it won’t stand out, and you’ll be supporting the free software you are using for FREE!

2) Don’t download themes from “bbPress Themes” as they inject code into your website.

Thanks for that Kevin, looking at the page source I’m not seeing anything that looks nasty, though admittedly I’m not an expert. It took me a couple of days to find the right theme, rather not go through that again. When you say it injects code, what should I look for?

Also can anyone tell exactly what file to edit to remove or modify the advertising at the bottom?

Cheers

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

You can edit it in Footer.php in your theme folder.

As for what it injects, you’ll have to do a wee search. They’ve been on the blacklist for about 9 months now sadly.

Thanks

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar