Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Removing “Pick a section” menu in post-form.php

• basinalders

@basinalders

Hi I only have one forum so the “pick a section” dropdown menu in post-form.php is useless and confusing to people. Anyone know how I can hard-define that parameter or remove it altogether?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• ardentfrost

@ardentfrost

Look in post-form.php in bb-templates directyr. Copy the file, change it, and put the changed file into my-templates directory. It’s pretty obvious which section it is.

basinalders

@basinalders

I tried that first thing. The problem is that removing that section of the code makes every thread appear “closed” to replies.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I was able to edit that file and the option is removed when creating a new topic, and old threads will still accept replies.

Here is the change I made:

Remove lines 22 through 28:

<?php if ( is_tag() || is_front() ) : ?>

<label for="forum_id"><?php _e('Pick a section:'); ?>

<?php forum_dropdown(); ?>

</label>

<?php endif; ?>

and insert:

<input type="hidden" name="forum_id" id="forum_id" value="1" />

so that it looks like this:

<?php endif; ?>

<input type="hidden" name="forum_id" id="forum_id" value="1" />

<p class="submit">

That assumes your forum_id is 1. You can check the HTML source of your rendered page to verify the forum_id.

Making those changes worked for me. The drop down for selecting a forum to move a topic is still available for admin.

basinalders

@basinalders

That works great! Thanks so much, now that i know how to do that it makes stripping everything else down to only use one forum so much easier! thanks again!

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

No problem – glad it worked for you. If it makes your topics closed to replies, let me know, since I will have the same problem.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar