Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove Private: label prefix

• dvharrison
    Participant

@dvharrison

Hi

I have just set up BBpress on one of our websites (not live yet) and everything seems to be working ok except for one little problem:

I have marked the forum private as I would prefer people to register first rather than bombard the forum with spam etc. But this generates a new problem as the private forum is automatically given a prefix of “Private:”

Please advise how I can removed the said prefix? I saw a thread for a bit of code to change this but it doesn;’t say which page it needs to be added to:

Please any help is gratefully received.

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• davegarlock
    Participant

@davegarlock

I have the same problem; most of my forums are private, and I would like it so they didn’t appear as Private: FORUM NAME in the forum index. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Stephen Edgar

@netweb

via http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-remove-protected-from-pw-protected-page-titles?replies=7#post-1658659

For ‘protected’

add_filter('protected_title_format', 'ntwb_remove_protected_title');
    function ntwb_remove_protected_title($title) {
    	return '%s';
    }

And for ‘private’

add_filter('private_title_format', 'ntwb_remove_private_title');
    function ntwb_remove_private_title($title) {
    	return '%s';
    }

devonc01
    Participant

@devonc01

Just wanted to confirm that this worked for me, I had found an older solution that also was meant to be applied to the theme’s functions.php file that, in-turn, broke some things in buddyPress – namely, was presenting the profile name as an HTML-a-href link presented as text – using this code, which is presented as an example in the WordPress Codex worked without any further breakings (that I am currently aware of). Thank you, Stephen

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.