Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove "Edit this" link at top of topics

• JuaninLAdP
    Participant

@juaninladp

Hey! First time around here, and I’m a total newbie to bbpress. Glad you see you all!

I have a slight problem with my bbpress installation. Users from the forums see an “Edit this” link at the top of the topic and when they use it they can edit the topic in the WordPress post editor.

Is there a way to remove that link?

Thanks!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• JuaninLAdP
    Participant

@juaninladp

Or, if it is not possible, I’d like to know if there is a way for users to be re-directed to the “Edit” option from bbpress instead of going to the WordPress text editor.

JuaninLAdP
    Participant

@juaninladp

Forgot to put in the details: I’m running WordPress 3.4 and bbpress 2.2.3

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

You can remove this inside your template.

Do all users see this, or is it just your admin account that can see it? Just wondering as the wordpress edit page is to edit the description of the forum, not replies or topics from users.

JuaninLAdP
    Participant

@juaninladp

Any participant can see the “Edit this” link on the topics they have started. What worries me is that they also have the ability to make sticky and global posts.

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Check what the default role people are being assigned inside Settings > Forums > Default User Role

Just to make sure they aren’t being registered as moderators or anything.

JuaninLAdP
    Participant

@juaninladp

I double checked and they are registered as participants by default.

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Hmm, not sure, would be useful to see a link, but then of course everyone would have your link to edit your topics/forums.

rsanchez1
    Participant

@rsanchez1

You should double-check capabilities then. From the wp-admin sidebar, go to Users->User Role Editor. Then select the Participant role and see what capabilities that role has.

JuaninLAdP
    Participant

@juaninladp

I already tried using User Role Editor to modify capabilities, but everytime I save the changes they reset.

Here’s the capabilities for participants that are enabled by default (and that I can’t modify):

assign_topic_tags
    delete_forums
    delete_others_forums
    delete_others_replies
    delete_others_topics
    delete_replies
    delete_topic_tags
    delete_topics
    edit_forums
    edit_others_forums
    edit_others_replies
    edit_others_topics
    edit_replies
    edit_topic_tags
    edit_topics
    manage_topic_tags
    moderate
    participate
    publish_forums
    publish_replies
    publish_topics
    read_hidden_forums
    read_private_forums
    read_private_replies
    read_private_topics
    spectate
    throttle
    view_trash

JuaninLAdP
    Participant

@juaninladp

The actual problem that I have is that participants can set a topic’s attribute using the WordPress Administration Screen. Is there a way to remove this feature from participants?

JuaninLAdP
    Participant

@juaninladp

I tried removing the screen options for participants using Adminimize. While it removed the screen options menu, I can’t still remove the Topic attributes feature from participants. Here’s a screenshot I took with a test account (website is in spanish):

View post on imgur.com

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar