Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Redirect WordPress profile to bbPress

• on3advertising
    Participant

@on3advertising

There is a common disconnect between the WP user profile and bbPress. It’s not integrated. Right now if the user registers with the bbPress registration, then logs in, it takes them to the WordPress profile page. This isn’t good for branding. First of all, it takes them ‘out’ of the site into a WordPress profile (confusing them right off the bat), which has the WordPress logo and WordPress backend style. At this point, a non-WP user doesn’t know what to do to get back to the site.

Is there a clean, easy way to redirect the “Profile” link back to the bbPress profile and prevent them from ever hitting the WordPress brand? The site needs to feel consistent and well-thought out without this random user flow.

The website I’m working on is: http://www.compusoftdevelopment.com/forum

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• on3advertising
    Participant

@on3advertising

I should mention that having to go to a forum, then a topic, then a post, then clicking on the username from there is not intuitive and a poor workaround to getting to the bbPress profile.

on3advertising
    Participant

@on3advertising

I’m assuming this problem is blatantly avoided by bbPress. A response with a Yes we will do it or No we won’t/can’t would at least be nice so I can move on to paying someone for a fix.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar