Categories
Search
Bottom

Redirect failed login to custom page to login again

• wpmhweb
    Participant

@wppit

Hello,

I am trying to avoid visitors to get to any page that has to do WordPress. I would like that when they try to login and fail be redirected to a new page telling them that the login failed and they need to try again. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

You could completely customize the login page with particular wordpress hooks so that it is effectively a login page.

Or you could try a plugin like this: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-login/

djarzyna
    Participant

@djarzyna

This fits to the original question, so I am writing it here. What is the reason to have this bbp-login, bbp-register and bbp-lost-password code anyway? I’ve just spent a considerable amount of time customizing this bbp code to make it play nice with my theme. And then I had to realize that under certain circumstances the user ends up at the original WordPress login, register and lost password forms – which is certainly not waht I want. So why the … are those bbp forms there when obviously the original WordPress forms accomplish the same things. I could have customized the WordPress forms and all would have been good, no? To have this bbp forms seems to be redundant, confusing and – as it was in my case – time consuming. The bbp team, should supply such forms only if they go all the way, error detection and such included, or not supply it at all.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar