Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Recent update seemed to break all my titles?

• svcslzysh
    Participant

@svcslzysh

I tired the new update and it resulted in blank pages across my entire site. I was able to get back to my wp-admin only to see:

bbpress problem

Note I see this with my regular blog posts as well. When I disable bbpress my blog works again and post name appear correct.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give. My forum is down until I figure this one out or find the last version and restore.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Edit: Removed my reply that had nothing to do with what was reported above 😛

Nashwan D
    Participant

@alex-ye

@svcslzysh Can you mention any other plugin you use in your site?!

@svcslzysh Can you please give us some more information please.

Can you try disabling all your other plugins and stitching to the Twenty Thirteen theme.

Does the issue still exist now?

If it is fixed start re-activating your other plugins one by one until you find a conflict?

What is the conflicting plugin and/or theme?

Details are here: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2482

svcslzysh
    Participant

@svcslzysh

Sorry, I forgot to mention I did disable all plugins with no luck. Same results. I did not try twenty thirteen theme. Tried that this morning and still have the same results.

I’m on the latest WordPress. Let me know what other information might be useful. Thanks.

FreeWPress
    Participant

@freewpress

what is your wordpress version? Have you try to save again all bbpress forum options?

svcslzysh
    Participant

@svcslzysh

3.7.1 WordPress. I did try saving the settings and also deleting bbress then saving. However I never tried to save after I disabled my plugins and themes. Is that worth trying?

svcslzysh
    Participant

@svcslzysh

Some more info in case any of these things did some damage.

Plugins:
    Akismet
    Google Analytics for WordPress
    Jetpack by WordPress.com
    Login With Ajax
    Register Plus Redux
    WordPress SEO
    WP-reCAPTCHA – (disabled)
    WP-Syntax

I also use this theme: http://themeforest.net/item/metrostyle-responsive-all-purpose-wordpress-theme/2921313

FreeWPress
    Participant

@freewpress

I remember wich one time i have disabled all plugin in my site and i lost mosto info for major of them.. in particular bbpress, when i enabled it show 404 page in all topics and forums.. I have saved. I go in options and see all options correct, and save it.. after saving it work fine… Mistery…

Sorry, I forgot to mention I did disable all plugins with no luck. Same results. I did not try twenty thirteen theme. Tried that this morning and still have the same results.

Thanks for trying this

Some more info in case any of these things did some damage.

Plugins: Akismet, Google Analytics for WordPress, Jetpack by WordPress.com, Login With Ajax, Register Plus Redux, WP-reCAPTCHA – (disabled), WP-Syntax

None of these should remove the titles from your posts particularly as they are disabled.

WordPress SEO is different though, I am not familiar with it but does this plugin DOES alter titles of posts if I remember correctly.

Does WordPress SEO keep any logs of what content it has altered? If so can check these logs to see if it changed your titles.

svcslzysh
    Participant

@svcslzysh

The most recent update fixes this problem for me. My forums are working again and I can see all titles. Thanks for looking at this!

@svcslzysh Thanks for letting us know it is now fixed.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar