Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

"Read More" option for forum updates that appear in the activity stream

• When a user adds a comment to a forum topic, that comment appears in the site-wide activity stream. However, only the first few sentences of the topic appear in the activity stream and there is no “Read More” option that would allow the user to view the entire topic.

Have I overlooked a setting somewhere to enable this capability? Non-forum comments have a Read More link that expands the comment box so the user can view all the text.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Is there any easy way to determine if this is BBPress specific code that would need to be updated, vs. the code for the BuddyPress Activity Stream? If I could at least narrow down that much, that might help me troubleshoot this on my own. Thank you!

I am having the same problem. I am using WP Robot 3 plugin so that I can take other peoples RSS feeds and post there content on my site under a page I have called Industry News. The problem is I am only getting the first few lines of any post show in the activity stream and there is no read more link. Each activity stream post just has […] at the bottom. Also the title of the post in the activity stream links to the home page. The problem here is that I am using a static home page and the link should be going to the posts page I have setup.

I have looked all over the web and can’t find any way to fix this. Have you been able to fix the problem?

zillabuggs
    Participant

@zillabuggs

I too have this problem. It’s the one thing I need to get sorted for my site to “work” so to speak. As my site is forum orientated this is important BUT trying to get an answer seems to be impossible. Buddypress and WordPress forums are no help. I really would appreciate an answer to this.

Me too! Me too! I’m sure this used to exist, didn’t it?

REALLY need this fixed. It makes the Activity Stream almost useless.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar