Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Topic to Post Converter

• Xarcell
    Participant

@xarcell

I’m new to WordPress, and I have installed buddypress, which I understand installs bbpress.

Is there a way to promote promote a topic to a blog post, and vice versa?

Thanks.

Edit: I changed the topic title and moved it to the plugins forum. Cheers, Netweb

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

There is not a default way to promote a topic into a post, that I know of anyway.

You will probably be looking for a plugin to do that.

Indeed this awesome plugin does exist by @jmdodd

bbPress Topic to Post Converter
    Add “Convert to Post” action for forum moderators.

https://github.com/jmdodd/bbpress-topic-post-converter

limitx3m
    Participant

@limitx3m

@netweb

I can’t get this to work. I’ve googled but I don’t see much for alternatives.

Has bbpress already implemented this or is there nothing out there besides this?

It is the only one I know of, if you have issues with the plugin open an issue on the GitHub project issues section https://github.com/jmdodd/bbpress-topic-post-converter/issues

thebeeobee
    Participant

@thebeeobee

Is this plugin working for anyone? where is the option to convert the topic to a post? thanks. I just don’t see the option but I may be overlooking it.

A quick look at the source code…

It should be convert on the topic admin links where you see edit,close,stick,merge,trash,spam etc

thebeeobee
    Participant

@thebeeobee

Bummer, not seeing that! Thanks for the response.

Going to try with another user account because there were some weird user role issues with my forum until recently when I installed User Role Editor to fix the issue.

EDIT: none of my keymasters can see that button. Going to try to disable a few other plugins but everything is the latest version.

EDIT 2: still no. Has this plugin broken for anyone else or does it work for wp 3.8+ and bbpress 2.5+?

thebeeobee
    Participant

@thebeeobee

Update – tried this with twenty fourteen and also tried it on a local installation – and neither worked. I think this plugins is dead.

Stephen Edgar

@netweb

I just installed it to take a closer look and it does appear to be broken :(

I do see the ‘Convert to topic’ for the blog posts though, so half works ;)

I’ll also keep an eye on https://github.com/jmdodd/bbpress-topic-post-converter/issues/1

thebeeobee
    Participant

@thebeeobee

Just bumping this up in case any developer wants to take a stab at forking this one!

thebeeobee
    Participant

@thebeeobee

Another bump because I really need this!

thebeeobee
    Participant

@thebeeobee

I ended up tweeting the developer months ago, but she just favoriting my tweet. Nothing new development-wise that I can see.

Bummer. :(

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.