Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Topic to Post Converter

• Xarcell
    Participant

@xarcell

I’m new to WordPress, and I have installed buddypress, which I understand installs bbpress.

Is there a way to promote promote a topic to a blog post, and vice versa?

Thanks.

Edit: I changed the topic title and moved it to the plugins forum. Cheers, Netweb

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

There is not a default way to promote a topic into a post, that I know of anyway.

You will probably be looking for a plugin to do that.

Indeed this awesome plugin does exist by @jmdodd

bbPress Topic to Post Converter
    Add “Convert to Post” action for forum moderators.

https://github.com/jmdodd/bbpress-topic-post-converter

limitx3m
    Participant

@limitx3m

@netweb

I can’t get this to work. I’ve googled but I don’t see much for alternatives.

Has bbpress already implemented this or is there nothing out there besides this?

It is the only one I know of, if you have issues with the plugin open an issue on the GitHub project issues section https://github.com/jmdodd/bbpress-topic-post-converter/issues

TechHaus
    Participant

@thebeeobee

Is this plugin working for anyone? where is the option to convert the topic to a post? thanks. I just don’t see the option but I may be overlooking it.

A quick look at the source code…

It should be convert on the topic admin links where you see edit,close,stick,merge,trash,spam etc

TechHaus
    Participant

@thebeeobee

Bummer, not seeing that! Thanks for the response.

Going to try with another user account because there were some weird user role issues with my forum until recently when I installed User Role Editor to fix the issue.

EDIT: none of my keymasters can see that button. Going to try to disable a few other plugins but everything is the latest version.

EDIT 2: still no. Has this plugin broken for anyone else or does it work for wp 3.8+ and bbpress 2.5+?

TechHaus
    Participant

@thebeeobee

Update – tried this with twenty fourteen and also tried it on a local installation – and neither worked. I think this plugins is dead.

I just installed it to take a closer look and it does appear to be broken 🙁

I do see the ‘Convert to topic’ for the blog posts though, so half works 😉

I’ll also keep an eye on https://github.com/jmdodd/bbpress-topic-post-converter/issues/1

TechHaus
    Participant

@thebeeobee

Just bumping this up in case any developer wants to take a stab at forking this one!

TechHaus
    Participant

@thebeeobee

Another bump because I really need this!

TechHaus
    Participant

@thebeeobee

I ended up tweeting the developer months ago, but she just favoriting my tweet. Nothing new development-wise that I can see.

Bummer. 🙁

Hi,

Is this still of any interest ? If so, drop me a line https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bbp-move-topics and I’ll see what I can do.

Pascal.

igirisjin
    Participant

@igirisjin

Still interested if I can convert topics and replies to wp posts and comments?
    Andy

servulkan
    Participant

@servulkan

yes i’m still interested about convering!

makingcircuits
    Participant

@makingcircuits

It works wonderfully well in my genesis theme, the convert button shows just under the post titles….but not on other themes….
    But the plugin does not have a bulk convert option, I have to go to each and every post and press the convert button for the migration

makingcircuits
    Participant

@makingcircuits

@Stephen Edgar, this plugin still works very nicely and flawlessly (in my Genesis theme), I am presently in the process of converting my website articles to bbpress…out of 400 posts I have so far converted 200 into bbpress…I have also applied some CSS to bbpress to make sure the “bbpres posts” wrap around the author name and is able to show full width, instead of showing only 50% in mobile devices.

The only problem with the plugin is that it does not have a bulk convert feature, and i have go to each and every post for the migrations.

AdventureRidingNZ
    Participant

@adventureridingnz

Hi @Casiepa

I’m interested in this as well. It looks like you started working on it but never published it?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar