Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Profile-menu disappeared!?

• I have worked on my forum for some time: http://www.crazy-media.com/bbpress/

Well, i guess i messed something up, the “profile” menu that used to appear at the top-right corner disappeared. Anyone know how to cal the function?

One other, not releated, problem is that if you tag a forum to much the post disappear longer and longer down the screen. Do anybody know how to limit the tags shown at a topic to maby 10. And is it any way to disallow unregister users to add and remove tags? Some idiots “may” remove every tag and add something like “hitler and anal sex i greate” like 200 times… :-?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The profile link comes up when you are logged in. Therefore, the code is in bb-templates/login.php and bb-templates/login-form.php. They could be in my-templates/ if you edited them.

If you are talking about the code for when you view a user, the “Profile Edit Favorites” link then this is the code for profile.php in the same template directory:

<?php elseif ( $user_id == $bb_current_user->ID ) : ?>

<p><?php printf(__('This is how your profile appears to a fellow logged in member, you may <a href="%1$s">edit this information</a>. You can also <a href="%2$s">manage your favorites</a> and subscribe to your favorites’ <a href="%3$s"><abbr title="Really Simple Syndication">RSS</abbr> feed</a>'), get_profile_tab_link( $user_id, 'edit' ), get_favorites_link(), get_favorites_rss_link()) ?></p>

<?php endif; ?>

The tags are arranged vertically and I don’t know how difficult it is to change that. You could move the tags code to the bottom of the post and under the reply box, but if that isn’t what you want and want to limit to 10 tags, it might require a core hack or plugin. Neither that I can help with, sorry.

Limiting users with tagging is not something bbPress is setup to do because unless the user is marked by the system as BOZO, all members are treated equal for simplicity reasons.

Trent

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar