Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Profile Edits not Saving

• I am using 1.0alpha2 bbPress without WP integration. Users are unable to save the edits to their profile. When clicking Update Profile it only reloads the page without saving the new details. Any ideas?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I have a non-integrated alpha 2 install, and I am able to save new profile information just fine.

Link to your forum? Also, if it’s NSWF please state so when posting the link.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I registered and was able to save a profile change there for my profile.

One thing I noticed – if you’re using Firefox 3 with the Google Toolbar, it changes the field background color to yellow because it thinks it can fill that field in for you. The new data is there but you can’t see it because the font is white on light yellow.

To check if that’s happening to you, try highlighting the “invisible” text in a field after you’ve changed it and refreshed and see if it’s there. I registered with no real name, but then edited my profile to add my first and last name. I saved, then went to edit again, and it looked like the data was not there, but it was, when I highlighted it.

With IE7 (no Google Toolbar), I can see the data both before and after.

Huh, that’s interesting. I don’t have the Google Toolbar installed but I do use FFv3. I tried it on IE and it saved the data just fine. I’ll have to put this information in my site faq so I don’t have to handle a lot of users asking this very question.

Thanks for checking that for me!

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Or, just change the colors for the fields. The yellow and white doesn’t really work with the theme anyway.

Not sure if auto-filling those fields comes from FF3 or the Google Toolbar. I thought it was the toolbar.

In any case, I would fix it rather than put it in the FAQ. No one reads those, and you’ll end up getting questions anyway, IMO.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar