Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Problems with bbpress 2.5.4. and side bars

• Rob222
    Participant

@rob222

I’ve recently installed a bbPress forum within my wordpress blog. See link here. But for some reason my bbpress forum does not extend out to the full width of the page. Its very narrow looking.

When I first uploaded bbpress I created a ‘Page’ and called it ‘forum’. Within that page I can add sidebars and widgets to those sidebars but none of that works for me and I would like to find out why and how I can fix it?

I’m using wordpress version 3.9.1. And bbpress version 2.5.4.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I’ve looked at the link

Can you specify exactly what you would like added/removed !

Rob222
    Participant

@rob222

If you check my pages section and look for ‘Forum’ and scroll down to bottom of page, you will see that I have a right side bar activated to show widgets that belong to sidebar 3 within my widgets area. However for some reason, my forum only displays widgets within sidebar 2. See for yourself.

PLUS… Even when I remove my sidebars, the width of my forum remains narrow and doesn’t extend out the same width of the rest of my site – why?

I’d like to know why I’m experiencing the above problems please.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I am trying to help you, but there are thousands of wordpress themes, and I have no idea what sidebar 2 and 3 are supposed to do.

which would you like to achieve

a full width forum or show both sidebar 2 and sidebar 3, and if the latter can you create a testpage with just some text on and post the url, sop that I can see what it should look like.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar