Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Problems when installing bbpress

• Josh

@milleja46

I just installed bbpress through buddypress, and i get alot of errors, how would i fix them or do i have to reinstall? By actually installing it?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

and i get alot of errors

What errors? Please notice that bbPress isn’t a WordPress/buddypress plugin but a standalone software.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Also, the forums in BuddyPress are based on bbPress but they are not bbPress. If it’s BuddyPress specific, you might have better results getting support at the BuddyPress forums.

https://buddypress.org/support/topics/

Josh

@milleja46

Well, i installed it from buddypress, i know it’s a standalone website app, it’s just it’s giving errors when i go to manage it’s settings from the dashboard.

Theme errors:

backticksWarning: require_once(/home/milleja4/domains/milleja46games.frih.org/public_html/blog//forums/bb-admin/admin-functions.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/milleja4/domains/milleja46games.frih.org/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/bbpress-admin/bbpress-theme-admin.php on line 86backticks

Then in bbpress settings:

backticks<form class=”options” method=”post” action=”

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bb_option() in /home/milleja4/domains/milleja46games.frih.org/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/bbpress-admin/bbpress-options-admin.php on line 38backticks

You have bbpress installed as a plugin and it’s not a plugin.

Josh

@milleja46

Well, it’s not really as a plugin, but as a component of buddypress.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Hey Josh,

We’re not passing the buck here mate, but really, unless it’s a front end bbPress issue, you’re going to have to go the the BuddyPress people.

the version of bbPress that is included in BuddyPress is insanely heavily hacked/edited; with the entire backPress from bbPress removed and replaced. Other than the displaying of the forum (and i mean the physical HTML routines in teh templates), everything else is different.

We can help you guess, but really, you’ll get the answers quicker from the great people over at BuddyPress who wrote the code you’re having an issue with.

Josh

@milleja46

Ok, and a word to the wise, never use the admin plugin it messes you up completly…..

Josh

@milleja46

Ok, now i have externally installed bbpress, how would i convert my phpbb tables to bbpress ones? I don’t know if some of the ones i find, will work since i have the most recent version of phpbb which is 3.0.7 PL1 can someone tell me how i would convert the tables so i can use them in bbpress?

There is a phpBB importer available for versions before than 3.0 and I haven’t heard anything for 3.0

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar