Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Problem with Japanese Translation

  • Hello all,

    I found on this site an address leading to “よくきたBlog” where ja.po and ja.mo files were available. I could use it for my forum but I realize that some part really needing to be modified. I tried then to open the ja.po file in PoEdit, which I managed to do. The problem is that when I try to save the file, it prompt me 2 errors:

    09:57:33: msgfmt: K:..bb-includeslanguagesja.po: field `Language-Team’ still has initial default value

    09:57:33: K:..bb-includeslanguagesja.po:323: a format specification for argument 1 doesn’t exist in ‘msgstr’

    09:57:33: msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors

    When i turn off the “create automatically an *.mo file”, the program save the *.po file correctly. I wonder how I can fix those errors (Cause it seems that the program will not create a new ja.mo file untill those errors vanish).

    Thanks for reading

    Rui

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • I reply to myself (This forum is auto-curative ;P)

    So for the people who are endeavouring the same errors here is the deal:

    * a format specification for argument 1 doesn’t exist in ‘msgstr’ : This error is due to a missing variable in the translated string -> In my case a %s was missing.

    * field `Language-Team’ still has initial default value : This error means that you have to update information in ” Catalog / Settings / Project info ” -> In my case the Project name and version was something like “bbpress trunk”, the Language wasnt defined, nor wad the Country, Charset and Source code Charset. I still do not have info in the Plural Forms but it’s running.

    Don’t hesitate to contact me if you encounter problems with ja.po or ja.mo (Or if you want those files and cannot found them).

    バイバイ

    Rui

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.