Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Problem importing bbPress1…

• jpanizzoli
    Participant

@jpanizzoli

To upgrade to the newest version of BBPRESS, I added a fresh install of WordPress and included the BBPRESS plugin. I followed all the instructions to import my old bbPress1 (1.1) posts (Tools > Forums > Import Forums), but I get the following error:

`
    WordPress database error: [Table ‘database_name.forumusers’ doesn’t exist]
    SELECT convert(users.ID USING “utf8”) AS ID,convert(users.user_pass USING “utf8”) AS user_pass,convert(users.user_login USING “utf8”) AS user_login,convert(users.user_nicename USING “utf8”) AS user_nicename,convert(users.user_email USING “utf8”) AS user_email,convert(users.user_url USING “utf8”) AS user_url,convert(users.user_registered USING “utf8”) AS user_registered,convert(users.user_status USING “utf8”) AS user_status,convert(users.display_name USING “utf8”) AS display_name FROM forumusers AS users LIMIT 0, 100
    `

I know I have the correct database information (name, user, pass, etc.), but I can’t get it to work. Please help! Thanks in advance..

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What did you use for the ‘Table Prefix’?

The default for bbPress 1.x is `bb_`

You can find that either with phpMyAdmin or from bb-config.php in your bbPress install folder.

`$bb_table_prefix = ‘bb_’;`

jpanizzoli
    Participant

@jpanizzoli

That did it! Thanks so much! I thought the ‘Table Prefix’ was the subfolder / slug name you wanted for your forum. In the docs I read it provided a table prefix for PHPBB, but I didn’t see one for bbPress1. Glad that was easy šŸ˜‰

Sweet… Glad you got it sorted šŸ™‚

jpanizzoli
    Participant

@jpanizzoli

OK… I’ve got most of the bbPress1 data imported into the new BBPRESS plugin, but I have two problems:

1.) It doesn’t appear that any users where transfered. Every post in the forum has “Admin” as the author and I don’t see any users listed in the backend.

2.) I don’t see any of my subcategories listed on the forum home page. When I view the forum structure in the backend, it shows all the subcategories and the data was definitely imported, but it’s not showing up on the forum home page…

Hopefully these issues can be remedied. I need all the user info, and I need these subcategories. Unfortnately, my old bbPress1 site is getting overloaded with SPAM and keeps getting hacked. I need to upgrade to something that’s fully supported and more stable… so I hope I can make this work…

Thanks again!

1.) It doesnā€™t appear that any users where transfered. Every post in the forum has ā€œAdminā€ as the author and I donā€™t see any users listed in the backend.

Did you check the box `Convert Users: Attempt to import user accounts from previous forums`

2.) I donā€™t see any of my subcategories listed on the forum home page. When I view the forum structure in the backend, it shows all the subcategories and the data was definitely imported, but itā€™s not showing up on the forum home pageā€¦

Did you run the forum repair tools? https://codex.bbpress.org/repair-forums/

Can you view each subcategory forum by viewing the forum in the backend and clicking ‘view’ on that item taking you to the frontend view for that forum? Does it exist?

jpanizzoli
    Participant

@jpanizzoli

Well… I must have missed the “Attempt to import user accounts” option. I could have swore I selected it! But because I was running into issues with the table prefix, I must have forgotten once I actually got it right.

So I’ve re-imported everything and all the users are included. I also ran the forum repair tools, but there’s still no subcategories showing up on the home page. When I “view” them in the backend, the subcategories are showing up and I can navigate the posts within the subcategory. The post count is counting the posts in the subcategories, they aren’t visible on the home page…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar