Categories
Search
Bottom

Problem importing bbPress standalone v1.2

• lincolnthree
    Participant

@lincolnthree

Hi Folks,

I know the last thing you want to hear is “yet another migration problem,” but I seem to be having a pretty pesky problem where the import stops with posts from about 8 months ago, and I’m not really sure why. No matter what I try, I can’t seem to get a clean/full import.

My old forums are located here: http://FAILocpsoft.org/support/
    My new forums are located here: http://FAILocpsoft.org/forums/ (for now)

As you can see, the “freshest” post on the new forums is about 8 months old, but the import says everything was complete, and I’ve run all of the re-calculations (one at a time) as specified in your importer guide.

Any idea why it might be getting stuck here? What info can I give to help diagnose this?

Thanks, I know how frustrating migration issues can be, so I really appreciate any help you can give,
    ~Lincoln

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

I can’t get to your site at the moment for some reason…

Firstly did all of the topics import and you are just missing some replies?
    (The importer should import all the topics first and then import the replies)

I would have a look at your webhosts support knowledge base for some tips on optimizing your bbPress 1.2 MySQL database… Ideally you want to ‘optimize’ and check the database ‘integrity’ with phpMyAdmin and fingers crossed that cleans things up a bit and allows for a full import.

After that if still no luck you will want to start digging around with phpMyAdmin and find the last post that was imported successfully then look at the next post after that to try and find if all the related database fields for that entry are valid for that post type (dates, post title, post data etc)

Another trick that mixes things up a bit would be to change the number of rows imported at a time from 100 to 10 or even 1 and you can get an idea of where things are stopping.

lincolnthree
    Participant

@lincolnthree

Hey Stephen,

Thanks for the very quick reply.

You’re right, the site is apparently a tad unresponsive at the moment, even via SSH. It seems like I started suffereing a DDOS attack on both of my forum URLs since I posted here. I’m working with my provider to attempt to curtail this, but for now I’m a bit SoL. It seems like someone is probably scraping your forums to find vulnerable users.

More as I learn it..

~Lincoln

lincolnthree
    Participant

@lincolnthree

Yikes, looks like you’re having some spam problems too. Got my site back up. Hit these URLs: (minus the FAIL part, that’s for the spambots)

My old forums are located here: http://FAILocpsoft.org/support/
    My new forums are located here: http://FAILocpsoft.org/forums/ (for now)

Thanks,

Will try looking at the data by hand and seeing if there are any discrepancies.

~Lincoln

lincolnthree
    Participant

@lincolnthree

Okay, a little more information. It seems like there are 914 topics in the bb_topics table, and when i query for the last topic that was imported, I find it:

mysql> SELECT * FROM bb_topics WHERE topic_title like '%How get the original%' ORDER BY topic_start_time DESC;
    +----------+---------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+--------------+-------------------+-------------------+------------------------+---------------------+---------------------+----------+--------------+------------+--------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+
    | topic_id | topic_title                                 | topic_slug                                | topic_poster | topic_poster_name | topic_last_poster | topic_last_poster_name | topic_start_time    | topic_time          | forum_id | topic_status | topic_open | topic_last_post_id | topic_sticky | topic_posts | tag_count |
    +----------+---------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+--------------+-------------------+-------------------+------------------------+---------------------+---------------------+----------+--------------+------------+--------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+
    |      914 | How get the original Request URI from JSF ? | how-get-the-original-request-uri-from-jsf |          650 | ceefour           |               650 | ceefour                | 2012-08-04 11:25:22 | 2012-08-04 19:27:20 |        1 |            0 |          1 |               3909 |            0 |           3 |         4 |
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

However, when I query for something else that should exist. One of the newer posts that was not imported: (http://ocpsoft.org/support/topic/get-encoded-url-in-filter) I come up with nothing:

mysql> SELECT * FROM bb_topics WHERE topic_title like '%get encoded%' ORDER BY topic_start_time DESC;
    Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql> 

How is it that this topic clearly exists and shows up on the website, but it would not exist in the bb_topics table? Answering this seems like it would lead to the root cause of this migration problem.

Thanks again for all of your help,

Lincoln

lincolnthree
    Participant

@lincolnthree

Hah… somehow I had two mysql database schemas and user accounts. I transitioned to a new one about 8 months ago, which is why the database I was importing from did not have posts since then… Stupid, but, found the problem.

Excellent news… It can all look the same when your in the back end of stuff 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar