Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Probably Easy Answers for This…

@01020230302-1

I have two requirements I want to inact with my BBPress. I am unable to figure out how so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. I want only members logged in to post threads on the forum. Now anyone can.

2. No one is able to make a reply to a post. How can I allow this, and follow the requirement of #1 where the user needs to be registered to do so?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

By default, non-logged in members cannot post. How is it that they can post in your forum? Are you using a plugin?

And by ‘make a reply to a post’, what do you mean? That the reply is not threaded or indented, or maybe you mean they’re not able to quote the message they’re replying to?

Please clarify. Thanks.

that’s strange I thought by default, people have to register. What version are you using and you have any integration?

@01020230302-1

I have it integrated with WPMU and it works fine in that respect – linking user/pass from WPMU and so on. However, when I login as admin I am able to create post,reply. When I login as a member I am not able to create a new topic and I see the words ‘REPLY’ but no option to :(

@01020230302-1

Do I have to set each user with a specific user level? Right now they are all set to ‘Subscriber’.

Using latest version with latest v of WPMU.

what are they user level in bbpress?

you might need to use this: https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/wpmu-enable-bbpress-capabilities/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar