Categories
Search
Bottom

Private

• corradoizzo
    Participant

@corradoizzo

Hi

I am creating a Courses Site at this moment and for each Course i would like to create a Forum which is accessible to the Students of that particular Course only.

Is that possible to do with BBpress and how do i do that?

can i decide which user has access to which parts of the Forum?

FYI: I am using S2 Members to create the Membership site.

All the best and Thank You
    Corrado Izzo

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

My plugin will allow you to create 8 groups that can have one or more forums made private for them.

bbp Private Groups

The 8 restriction is simply because this is a new plugin, and I haven’t written infinite groups yet.

How many courses are you planning?

corradoizzo
    Participant

@corradoizzo

Hi Robin

Thank you for getting back 🙂

Sounds good…

Would you happen to know if i can assign/connect such a “private” Group to a Membership Level of my S2 Members WordPress Plugin?

8 will be ok for the first couple of months but will not be enough as things develop.

So scalable would be great.

Robin W

@robin-w

‘Would you happen to know if i can assign/connect such a “private” Group to a Membership Level of my S2 Members WordPress Plugin?’

Offhand no, I haven’t played with the s2 plugin to know what it does or how it works !

I suspect that total automation would be hard given that you’d presumably need to link a course or courses to a forum or forums, and then link memebers to a group within bbpress representing that.

Load the plugin and have a look, it’ll take you probably about 10 minutes to configure and 1/2 hour to work out how you might want to use it. Then come back and let me know what you are trying to do.

Don’t promise to link, but if it’s easy!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar