Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Private Settings-just the main forum or all the topics too?

• ErikM_1
    Participant

@erikm_1

Hi. Im trying to build a completely private forum, view and write privileges. Essentially I want the forum to be hidden unless you know where it is.

My question is:
    If I create a private forum or category, do all the forums/topics underneath have to be set to private as well? Because this forum will be used to discuss techniques and other business related topics, I don’t want anyone to be able to find the forums/topics/replies though search engines or via URL unless they are logged in. Am I going over board by setting every single section to private?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

do you simply want the forum to be hidden from non-logged in users?

If so private does what it says on the tin. So set the forum, and all posts under it will be private as well.

If you need only some users to see if private, then

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-private-groups/

is what you need.

ErikM_1
    Participant

@erikm_1

Yeah thanks Robin.I just wanted to confirm that was the case.
    I was actually having some other user access issues and thought this might be the cause of my problems…. but I solved the issue by creating a better login process and using a content restriction plugin using your advice from another topic….so thanks x2 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed !

melu_brandao
    Participant

@melu_brandao

Hello
    How can I do if i want that only register user can see the topics?

I have files to download on topics and I only want that register users can download it.

How can I do? Any idea?

Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

the plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-private-groups/

should do that, just set private forum visibility to on, and non registered users will see the forums, but only registered users with that group set will see the topics

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar