Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Private Messaging: how can i do to call it from wordpress?

• On the plugin page there is this script to view new messages

<?php if (bb_current_user_can(‘write_posts’)) : ?>

<?php pm_fp_link(); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

In bbpress is all ok. But what can i do to view new messages also in wordpress? Anyone can help me? Thank u all!!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you want to call bbPress functions from WordPress, you need to include bbPress in WordPress. It’s described here for including WordPress inside bbPress. You would do the opposite to include bbPress in WordPress (make the changes to wp-config.php and require_once('path/to/bb-load.php')

Well, but it’s not ok. I have the same database for wp and bbpress, I’ve done also the config wrote in the tutorial, but the script doesn’t function… =( I have wordpress 2.5 and bbpress 0.9.0.2

Do you know what can i do?? Thx

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What have you done so far? Have you added the include bbpress line in wp-config.php? If so, please post your error message. Need more information to be able to help you.

Mmm…no :) I’ve tried this: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/wordpress-and-bbpress-integration-101

And also the require_once that u’ve told me, but maybe I’m unlucky!

I’ve used no one include…have u got a link? Or can u tell me how to do it?

There are no error, but the script don’t function…in bbpress it create a message (“there are [number] new messages”), if I use it in wp it do nothing… (the functions are in the bbpress path)

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!

Chris can u help me? Pleaseee…..excuse me for the “up” post

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Please contact me off list with the contact methods listed on the site in my profile.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar