Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Private Forum for Staff (or Specific User Roles)?

• Nykess
    Participant

@nykess

Is there an easy way to make this happen? I would like to set up a private staff forum, or a forum for specific user roles ONLY, where we can brainstorm ideas/etc.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• sliderapps
    Participant

@sliderapps

to install private forum i will suggest vbullitine. that will be the best. Also i have a App Media Marketing business , and i am also thinking to install forum.

Tecca
    Participant

@tecca

I’d easily go for IP Board or Xenforo before vBulletin. But since we’re using bbPress here and it seems silly to change software solely for private forums, we should probably stick with bbPress suggestions.

I’m sure there’s a way to implement this with some fiddling, but have you considered an alternative? I don’t find that forum software is the best method of communicating with staff members, so for my new project I’m going to use something similar to CollabPress (if not CP itself): https://wordpress.org/plugins/collabpress/

You can also load it on the front end, so your staff members can communicate without going to their WP Dashboard. I find solutions like this to be best, since you can manage all sorts of things and add milestones/accomplishments — which may motivate staff to work harder.

Nykess
    Participant

@nykess

I love your suggestion, Tecca! That looks like a much better solution. Thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar