Categories
Search
Bottom

'Private' and 'Hidden' Boards 404 After Update

• csk
    Participant

@syndicate

Hi guys,

I upgraded to the latest version of bbPress and now I can’t seem to make Hidden or Private boards. When I make one and try to click on it, it cannot find the page (brings me to 404).

Could it be something wrong with my user roles?

Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Olzen
    Participant

@olzen

I have the same problem. Hidden and Private forums are not available for any users. (got 404) If I make them public(as a test) they are available.

This happen after update.

UPDATE: “Repair Forums” -> “Remap existing users to default forum roles” solved the problem.

csk
    Participant

@syndicate

Hmm.. I’m a bit scared to try this. I have 550 members…

What does it do exactly? Right now, all users are “Subscribers” with -No role for this site- for forum access and they can still use the forums.

royho
    Participant

@royho

Try just going into forum settings and clicking save ( don’t change anything ) just click save.

csk
    Participant

@syndicate

Hi royho,

It didn’t help, but thanks.

C

royho
    Participant

@royho

Did you also tried resyncing your permalinks by going to settings->permalinks and clicking save twice? Worth a shot!

csk
    Participant

@syndicate

Tried that too, but didn’t change it.

When I try to make a private board and preview it, it just brings me to my 404 page.

Weird.. I wonder why it’s doing this.

aaclayton
    Participant

@aaclayton

Same issue here, also a bit scared to remap user roles. I looked into it, turns out as part of the new bbPress update that restructured some of its own user roles, it actually removed certain capabilities from existing roles. For example, my site-wide administrator role didn’t have the capability to read_hidden_forums or read_private_forums, in addition to 20 or so other bbPress specific capabilities.

If you are using default (or custom) WordPress roles in a bbPress environment, you may need to go in and grant them some of the bbPress specific capabilities.

csk
    Participant

@syndicate

I don’t even know what to say.

I added 500+ members as “Forum Participants”, because this is a large membership website.

After the update, they were changed to something else. Currently, after the update, all of the members are “Subscribers” for WordPress Role and “-No role for this site-” for Forum Role, but they still have access to the forums.

I hope I don’t have to manually edit 500+ users to change the Forum role. Hopefully the developer can chime in.

csk
    Participant

@syndicate

Sigh.. bump

Anybody have a solution?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar