Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Prefix The FORUM SLUG Before The Following Slugs

• alanchrishughes

@alanchrishughes

I am hoping to create a very basic single forum forum. My goal is to set it up so

http://www.mydomain.com/discussions

is a paginated list of the different topics. I know because of WordPress’s fear that when using custom post types someone might create a post named “page” that would interfere with the paginated pages, so we have to add an additional slug, so I wouldn’t mind setting up

http://www.mydomain.com/discussions/topic/the-topic-title

But, a URL this simple isn’t possible out of the box. Is there a possible way of doing this without having to “hack the core.”

I was also curious if it is possible for tags to show up in searches, or to create a list or drop down menu or if nothing else one of those “clouds.” I don’t see what point they serve now other than just appearing next to topics once you have already found it.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This is all possible to do using the soon to be released plugin version of bbPress, which first requires an installation of WordPress to work within. Check the sticky topic in these forums for more info.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This is all possible to do using the soon to be released plugin version of bbPress, which first requires an installation of WordPress to work within. Check the sticky topic in these forums for more info.

alanchrishughes

@alanchrishughes

Yeah it’s the plugin version I am playing with. I just discovered the page template that is in the default theme folder for recent topics. So I created a /discussions page and also gave my forum base the slug /discussions and it seems to be working, I don’t know if that could lead to any conflicts or not though?

I will look through the sticky topic to see about the tags. Thanks.

alanchrishughes

@alanchrishughes

Yeah it’s the plugin version I am playing with. I just discovered the page template that is in the default theme folder for recent topics. So I created a /discussions page and also gave my forum base the slug /discussions and it seems to be working, I don’t know if that could lead to any conflicts or not though?

I will look through the sticky topic to see about the tags. Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar