Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Posts going straight into moderation

• I just installed bbPress for the first time, and I’ve noticed a certain oddity that was incredibly frustrating until I figured out what was going on. The first thing I did after installing was make a bunch of test posts. But after only a couple, the posts stopped showing up. They’d appear in yellow after I posted them, and then, when I went back to the homepage, I couldn’t find them again.

Now, I think I’ve figured out what happened. My guess is that bbPress doesn’t like it when one user posts too many times consecutively. (Registering a new user and posting under that account did work.) But those posts don’t appear in the control panel under the Content tab. The only place I can find them is in the Dashboard, under “Recently Moderated.” And the only way to make them display seems to be to click into the individual post, scroll to the bottom and click “undelete,” even though, confusingly, there’s also a “delete” link higher up on the page.

I suppose I’m OK with this, but I just wanted to come here and confirm: Is this proper behavior? Am I missing something? What’s the post limit? Is there any way to turn it off, even if just for admins? I suspect on this forum there might end up being one or two users making a bunch of consecutive posts, and I’m all right with that. Can I at least get e-mail notification when something is moderated, and can it show up somewhere in the control panel? Plugins, perhaps?

A lot of questions, I know. Sorry, but this was really throwing me off.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar