Categories
Search
Bottom

Posts and Replies not appearing for Forum users

• loza16
    Participant

@loza16

Hey,

I’m running Version 3.4.2 of WordPress, with Version 2.1.2 of bbPress.
    When I’m logged into the site as a Forum Participant, I can see the forums and topics, but when I actually click on the topics to view the content (i.e. the actual topic post and replies), all that appears is “This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by…” as well as the “Reply” form underneath that. The actual posts and replies don’t appear.

However, when I’m logged in as an administrator, I am able to see everything (it all functions normally).

Do you know why a normal forum user can’t see posts and replies? How can I go about fixing the issue?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
    Laura.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• loza16
    Participant

@loza16

Update: for the normal forum participant, the replies now appear, but not the original topic posts (that people are supposed to be replying to). Is anyone having the same problem?

• This reply was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by loza16.

tijoseph
    Participant

@tijoseph

I am having same issue, it is really killing me!

AtlasCatalina
    Participant

@atlascatalina

Did anyone ever figure out this issue. I am now struggling with it as well.

SaoWolfe
    Participant

@saowolfe

I believe that I’m experiencing the very same ting. I’m using buddypress and bbpress, and I’m referring to what happens in my froums. When you create a topic is posts only the topic title which, when clicked on, only shows the title and the “reply to” filed. It doesn’t show the actual topic content. Is that what’s happening to others? Anyone figure this out yet?

It’s very frustrating and holding up some important work via my site!

robgranholm
    Participant

@robgranholm

I have this same issue, has anyone made any headway!

anmari
    Participant

@anmari

for the record, see this post https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/users-cannot-view-own-replies/#post-154445

I eventually figured out It was only me who couldnt see my own replies and while super cache no longer active, it was still installed. Deleted it and the lines in wp-config and voila i could now see own replies.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar