Categories
Search
Bottom

Post by Email & Social Media Integration

• s3w47m88
    Participant

@s3w47m88

Two questions:

1. Does anyone know of a way (like a Plugin) to extend BBPress so that users can post by email? For example, a customer emails support@ourdomain.com and it’s forwarded to BBPress and a post is created. We receive an email notification about their post and reply to that notification via email as well. It also posts to the forums and sends a similar notification back to the customer to which they can respond via email as well. Ultimately they’ll never really have to interface with the forums if they don’t want to.
    2. We have customers mention and message us on social media outlets but are tired of having to log into that system to respond. We’d like to respond from within WordPress and it seems like having them become BBPress Posts would make sense since they’re usually support requests anyway.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• s3w47m88
    Participant

@s3w47m88

Kay Hagen, a contributor on the WordPress Core, developed this Post by Email Plugin that could be extended, probably extremely easily, to support Custom Post Types. Which it could then be adopted into BBPress to create a support ticket or help desk scenario.

Stephen Edgar

@netweb

That was a Google Summer of Code (GSoC) project and is an awesome plugin.

You should take a look at @rmccue‘s bbPress plugin https://github.com/rmccue/bbPress-Reply-by-Email. It works quite well but is a little complex to setup.

There are no current plans to integrate this feature into bbPress core and the recommendation is to use a plugin for this feature.

s3w47m88
    Participant

@s3w47m88

Thanks for the reference Stephen. I had seen this but didn’t want to spend the time on it without a reference that it functions the way I need it since, as you mentioned, the setup was rather complicated. But thank you! I’ll give it a shot now and report back here for future users.

PS I wouldn’t expect this to be a core BBPress feature either but that’s helpful to know either way.

THANK YOU for your time Stephen.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.