Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugins

• Hi All,

I am back on to bbPress and have decided to work at configuring my forum. I have read through the bbPress forum and blog but have not found a post regarding the best plugins. What are the top 5-10 plugins you would recommend to make the forum work efficiently. I know it depends on what you are trying to do, but there has to be a list with the best add on’s.

So far I have added the following:

• Bozo Users – Allows moderators to mark certain users as a “bozo”. Bozo users can post, but their content is only visible to themselves.
    • Post Notification – Sends an Notification email if there’s a new post to an favorite topic.

This plugin has some bugs.

• Simple Google Adsense
    • Akismet

Also, is there a plugin / widget for WordPress that shows the activity on the forum?

Thanks for helping. I am looking forward to making bbPress a workable tool on my blog.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • It could be a huge list, but here you have my own … I use in my forums: http://ayudawordpress.com/foro/

– Adsense for bbpress

– Allow images

– bbPress notifications http://www.la-school.com/2006/bbpress-notification/

– bbcode buttons toolbar

– bbPM

– bbpress seo tools (recomended v1.0.1 not last that have some errors

– bbVideo

– bbPolls

– support forums

– hidden forums

– members online (the widget in the sidebar that shows … that thing)

– unread posts

– karma for bbpress

– simple onlinelist

– social it

– subscribe to topic (awesome)

– human test

– topic views

All working in bbPress 1.0.2

Hi Fernando,

I will check out your list, thanks so much. I looked at your site, since I don’t know Spanish I can only go by what I see. You have done a nice job. When I clicked the link >> Añadir Nuevo » to create a topic and I am not registered you are getting the same error at the top of the page I am getting. The error message is :

Warning: parse_url(/foro/bb-login.php?re=http://ayudawordpress.com/foro/?new=1) [function.parse-url]: Unable to parse URL in /usr/home/ayudawordpress.com/web/foro/bb-includes/functions.bb-core.php on line 596

For me it is from the Post Notification Plugin, which is no longer supported.

Toni

angrywhiteboy

@angrywhiteboy

Fernando,

No habla Espanol. Can you post links to the individual plugins?

@angrywhiteboy: All plugins are in the official repository, that’s because I haven’t post the links (and to prevent to be threated as spammer)

Plugins

@tonicarr: I’ll have a look to the plugin. Thanks a lot ;)

@Fernando: Which version of bbPm do you have? I read at plugins forum this plugin is unsecure.

@mangaware: I’m using last version (updated some days ago) and works fine. I didn’t know that it is unsecure (oops)

Hi Fernando,

– bbcode buttons toolbar

what plugin do you use to parse bbcode then?

I don’t read bbcode lite in your post, infact it shouldn’t work for 1.0.2 the one in the repository.

Testing: hello world it doesn’t work even here?

Up.

Do anyone know a solid plugin to parse bbCode ( , , … ) per the latest version of bbPress?

Michael
    Participant

@michael888

@ paamayim – BBCode Lite is the only plugin. It works perfectly for me.

bbcode lite is the one I use too ;)

Ok I found the problem.

“bbCode lite” is NOT working while “bbpress SEO tools” is activated. Those plugins are not compatible each other.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar