Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugins not activating on local XAMPP

• Plugins not activating in alpha

Problem is verbatim to what that poster experienced though I’m confused as to whether it was actually resolved.

I am using Alpha Unstable 1.0. Maybe I need to go down to the last stable version (or maybe Alpha 1 will become stable this week?!).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What revision of Alpha did you install? Looks like ticket 924 took care of the problem in revision 1649. The latest 1.0 alpha is r1755, which includes that change.

Thanks for the message, Chris. I downloaded the file from the Download page here 2 days ago.

Unfortunately, a search here, nor FAQ, nor google search, nor lookup of the readme file in the install led me to the answer of how to retrieve this mysterious ‘revision number’! Any chance we can get a modification of the ‘Version number’ sticky to include that info?

Thanks!

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

That’s a really good point. I’ve been using subversion so long I forgot they packaged up the alpha release and released it on the download page. In that case, I have no idea how to tell the revision, other than going through files and comparing them the specific revisions in the repository.

For this specific problem, though, you need r1649 which includes the change that Sam says fixed this problem. The bb-admin/admin-functions.php file in the archive you downloaded and the latest alpha are different. If you’re feeling adventurous, you might want to download a later alpha version and see if it fixes this plugin problem for you.

These alpha version should not be used on a production site, FYI.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar