Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin to block multi characters in a row?!

• wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

Hello,

I’m looking for a plug in that will block posts if the post contains multiple characters in a row. For example, if someone puts

“==========================================”

or

“aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb”

is there a plug in for this?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • wilcosky, I don’t know a plugin that does this, but if you’re worried about a string like aaaaabbbbbbbbb “breaking your theme”, you can just apply a CSS overflow to the post class. This theme actually does so with this code: .post {overflow:hidden;}

wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

hmm, well, I’m not worried about it breaking my theme, it’s my rss feed that I have on my main page. I have the forum’s rss feed showing as html on my main page of my site. And, the other day someone made a post with “===========================” in it just to break up their post. They weren’t trying to mess things up, they were just making a long post and wanted to break it up.

ANYWAY, long story short, it caused my main page to look all messed up because the =========================== pushed outside of my main div. I already have everything in a wrapper and in a fixed width table, so I don’t know how that was able to push everything out, but it did.

So, if I add {overflow:hidden;} to my style sheet for my main page, do you think that will still solve my problem?

I would be nice if there was a plugin that would allow you to block posts if someone uses the same character more than 10 times in a row for example….

Yeah, that should work. If you have trouble with this, post a link and I’ll tell you what CSS you need. :-)

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

There is a long words/long links plugin for wordpress that someone ported to bbPress. Search for it around here somewhere…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar