Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin Request: Psuedonyms

• AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

How difficult would it be to create a plugin that allows users to be able to post under different names for different posts? They could have a maximum number (let’s say 5) of options, and they could select at post-time with their default name pre-selected.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Is that more or less difficult then the users just registering multiple times? Is the logging out and back in as a different user much more difficult than selecting from a drop down?

I think it’s an interesting idea, but I’ve never see forum software with a function like that before. I always just register with multiple accounts. What use would this have for you? Why do they need pseudonyms? Just curious.

AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

Precisely so they dont have to log out and log back in. Plus some people dont have more than one email address to register with, and i’d rather not have people giving fake/gimmick addresses.

It allows people to have different ‘personas’ if you will… not for role playing necessarily, more kind of what posting style/mood they’re in

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I got it. One thing I found out is that people can register with the same email address for multiple accounts. So they don’t necessarily need multiple email accounts. So that’s not an issue.

I understand the want to not make them log out and back in. Maybe it’s something someone will consider as a plugin, a “fast user switcher” or something …

AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

Here’s hoping :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar