Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

plugin request: allow admins any markup override

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

On WordPress, admin can post any content, any html markup regardless of restrictions for visitors.

I’d like to be able to do that on BBpress?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What kind of markup are you trying to create because with bbPress you have to create a plugin to do this. Same way I did with the youTube plugin for allowing admins and mods to use the embed tag.

Trent

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Well with wordpress, the override is right in the code but obviously to leave the bbpress core alone it would have to be a plugin. (Kinda wondering what all these plugins are doing to the supposedly high performance of BBpress).

I’d like to see admin/mods have zero limits on what they put into their posts. So to write a plugin I need to find out how to check the user level, then figure out what filter to attach it to (probably pre_post)

I would just add this as a request in TRAC because I think that is important as well as I have currently 5 plugins (I know I could combine them to 1) to allow code. Maybe a checkbox in the admin?

Trent

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Okay I finally sat down and wrote it myself.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/new-plugin-admin-post-anything?replies=1#post-8848

Didn’t realise how easy it would be or I would have done it sooner.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar