Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Please help, why am I getting 404?

• Hi, I am trying to install bbpress for the time. The installation process seems to be working fine but when I use the forum it is not working correctly. I can not access my profile, and when I write a new post I am taken to Apaches 404-page.

Trying to access my profile at the url http://ip/~xxx/xxx/bbpress/profile/1:

The requested URL /~xxx/xxx/bbpress/profile/1 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I also get the same message after posting, but when I return to the forum the new post is created. So I guess the database is working at least.

The URL in the error message is shorter then the real URL. Currently I use http://ip/~xxx/xxx/bbpress/ but the error message the ip is not shown.

I am using the ip while waiting for som DNS stuff with the domain. Can that be the problem, using ip/~ ? Or do you think it might be something else? I am clueless, but the is not so strange since I am a newbie here.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Turn of permalinks and see if the problem remains. (In config.php)

If it works without permalinks then the problem is probably with your .htaccess file.

im getting the same error, just install bbpress but cant access my profile page, or post, is there another solution to this problem

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

The /~username is known to mess up both wordpress and bbpress permalinks. If you are trying to run that way permanently that way it will require some hacks.

You might be able to setup the username as subdomain if you know what you are doing and get around the problem ie.

username.example.com

Or there might still be some decent free subdomain services around, unsure – you could use one to park onto of your account and then run that way to solve your problem.

rolanddeschain

@rolanddeschain

Having exactly the same issue – getting a 404 on everything but the index and admin page.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar