Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

please help to fix the “style-rtl.css”

• Hi peoples.

I wish to install bbpress for the Hebrew language (which is right to left), for which I need a supporting style sheet (such as the style-rtl.css).

Unfortunately, style -rtl.css is broken (for IE):

http://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/612

(for a month, and much longer then that)

I tried, yet wasn’t able to fix the css myself, and until the issue isn’t resolved, I can not install bbpress (which I very much wish to do).

I know that once bbpress will work for the Hebrew language, many of the Hebrew wordpress community would love to use it, so the request is for more users then me.

Please Please Please, can someone fix it ?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The site linked to in the ticket has a login area showing. Perhaps just copy their stylesheet changes as a quick fix?

Hi fel64.

Sorry, I didn’t follow.

The site linked to in the ticket, is my forum. and it works under firefox, not under Internet Explorer (And there are many users using IE, so I can’t open the forum until it is compatible to both standards)

Tal.

I will play with the stylesheets over the next few days and see if I can find out why it is screwed up. What versions of IE do you have issue with?

Trent

Hi Trent. Thank you !

The problem in the stylesheet occurs in IE 6.0.2900.2180

Didn’t try loading the page with other IE versions.

With regards,

Tal.

Trent – I see you have fixed the problem. Thank you very much !

I will now go to build the forum, and will share with all of you once I made it work (and also, will share my Hebrew translation to the rest of the community)

Again, Trent, thank you very much :)

p.s: one small correction I made to the stylesheet, was to the header.

In the current configuration, The first letter of the name of the forums, is cut off.

So to fix it, I erased the line:

font-style: italic;

from the file style.css, in the “#header h1 { ” section, as seen here:

In style.css:

#header h1 {

font-family: Georgia;

/*font-style: italic;*/ <– this line

position: absolute;

display: block;

color: #444;

text-align: right;

letter-spacing: -1px;

right: 59px;

bottom: 31px;

}

I don’t know how to incorporate it into the trunk or to post a ticket, but I hope what I write will help…

Another small issue (which matters little to me, but is worth noting) :

When the mouse hovers around a header of (for example a forum name): in Firefox, you get the whole line to change color(as it should). in IE you deon’t get that effect.

Tal.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar