Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

please help: I am locked out of bbpress

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • It looks like you have separate databases for your forum and blog. Do you also have an XXX_blog or XXX_wordpress database?

theindiansabroad

@theindiansabroad

Yes, the database for wordpress is XXX_wrdp1 . Could you please tell me what is the most graceful way of fixing it? I don’t want to affect my operational site on wordpress, just want to integrate BBpress with it.

Thanks in advance.

You have to tell bb, when you set it up, where wp is :) Default assumption is that it’s the same folder. You’re going to need phpMyAdmin or something to fix it.

Go into your XXX_forum database and open up the bb_meta table.

Look for:

user_bbdb_name
    user_bbdb_user
    user_bbdb_password

The first one is the NAME of your WordPress database (so XXX_wrdp1), the second is the ID used to access said database (sounds like XXX_wrdp1 from your post) and the third is (heh) your password for that ID.

Set those up to point to WP and you should be able to log in.

theindiansabroad

@theindiansabroad

where can I find bb_meta. I don’t see functions.bb_meta.php in bb-includes directory.

Yhx

It’s not in your folder, it’s in your SQL database.

As I said, you’re going to need phpMyAdmin or something to fix it.

theindiansabroad

@theindiansabroad

Thanks.

When I go to phpMyAdmin, I do see bunch of tables under XXX-forum. For example, when I open bb_usermeta, it shows some entries such as umeta_id, User_id; but when I try to ‘browse’ them , I don’t see the the contents where I can see user name etc, instead I see something like:

SQL query:

SELECT COUNT( * ) AS Rows , user_id

FROM bb_usermeta

GROUP BY user_id

ORDER BY user_id

LIMIT 0 , 30

Is there a guide as to how I can work with this. Or do you know what is the best way to delete bbpress without affecting my wordpress, I will try to re-install it.

Thx.

theindiansabroad

@theindiansabroad

For what it is worth, from my XXX_forum database in phpMyAdmin.

-I can get my username and pwd from bb_users, but when I enter it at my actual forum, it does not work.

-in bb_usermeta, i can find (or change) umeta_id, user_id, meta_key and met_value ; but I don’t see any file with format similar to what you said above, e.g:

user_bbdb_name

user_bbdb_user

user_bbdb_password

All I am looking for a way to back-out/unistall or fix it by changing the datbase mapping or any other trick you brainiacs may have up your sleeve.

Thanks

If you are using the stable release of bbPress (0.9.0.4), then my guide should be enough : http://blog.ashfame.com/2009/05/integrate-bbpress-forum-with-your-wordpress-setup/

Let me know if you need more help.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar