Categories
Search
Bottom

phpBB magic URLs fix?

• wisemonkey
    Participant

@wisemonkey

Hi

I have done a search here, but nothing seems to come up.
    I have installed BBpress/BuddyPress and migrated a small phpBB forum on my site http://www.wisemonkeysblog.com but the phpBB shortened URLs (and actually all the phpBB shortcodes) didn’t convert. I have tried to use a couple of plugins (eg bbPress2 BBCode ) to no avail.

I notice that the actual URL is still there in the markup, so I have converted a few of them manually…but there must be a better way. A plugin or a SQL fix perhaps.

Does anyone know of such fix?

TIA
    fernando

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • All the BBCodes and Magic URL’s are fully converted to HTML in the upcoming bbPress 2.3

There is no current way to rerun it though to convert existing sites.

wisemonkey
    Participant

@wisemonkey

Thanks Stephen…too bad I didn’t wait for bbPress 2.3! I’m hoping someone smarter than me can find a solution for this.

The good thing though is that the majority of what is included in the 2.3 update can be used manually on your MySQL database to convert the BBCodes & Magic URL’s to WordPress friendly HTML.

I just haven’t written any docs on this yet, I also haven’t actually done it on a site I desperately need to do this with. Hopefully in the next couple of days I can get some time to get this started.

wisemonkey
    Participant

@wisemonkey

Thank you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar