Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

phpbb -> bbpress -> wordpress

• Hey guys,

I recently used a cool script I found on here somewhere to convert our phpbb2 forums’ database over to bbpress.

Anyone know if it would be possible to convert this new database over to a wordpress DB? So all the forum posts become posts in a wordpress blog – under categories?

Sorry probably the wrong place to post this!

Adam

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• bbolman
    Participant

@bbolman

Uh…converting forum posts to wordpress posts sort of defeats the purpose of bbPress I think. Plus, if you have much of any posts it will eat up your database. Why exactly do you want to do this?

? so,,,,,,,,,,,, you want the first post to be the blog post itself, and all the replies to be comments?. it is doable, but why?

It sounds that playing with a cool DB migration tool would be woth your while.

This will be a big issue for quite a few people I think. In fact, there has been 2 occurances that I could have used an export function and frankly, the wordpress XML format would be my preference!

Trent

Hey guys!

sorry i didn’t get back to your replies sooner. Thanks for the effort!

Yeah i am trying to work out whether to use bbpress or wordpress or both. But most importantly want to get away from phpBB2

I see both *press being powerful. I am not sure whether to offer both tools on our site, or just go with wordpress.

BBpress has allowed me to keep all our previous years content from phpBB2. But i am just not sure whether to use it or not.

Our members might get confused where to post entries and how to reply/comment.

I’d just go with bbpress but at the moment wordpress seems to have a lot of goodies like themes/pplugins that i am using.

Sorry i realised I am crapping on!

Any ideas/recommendations?

lingmiester

@lingmiester

Hi Ateale,

Which script did you use cos the one i found to convert it did not work for me?

thanks.

hey Lingmeister

i used this:

http://www.iteisa.com/phpbb2bbpress/

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/402?replies=27#post-2126

what is the problem you are having?

I had problems initially – something to do with PHP 5 or something – check that link above

good luck!

AT

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar