Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

PHP Fatal error in bb-settings.php on line 7

• Hi!

I did the installation as guided… created a config file…

So after the creation of a config file, and I reload the page, nothing shows but blank… a big white blank page.

I get this messege in my apache error log:

[error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function __() in C:\wow1.11\www\bbpress\bb-settings.php on line 7

Thx for all the help I can get! :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • If you’re installing it locally, it’s worth noting that a lot of people have had problems with it but had no problems on a live server. Or is it a live Windows server?

It seems that you install isn’t liking the syntax of your install. Maybe check out this thread on localhost installs for ideas?

Trent

Thanks Trent, but that link gave me nothing :(

Fel64, I don’t really get what you mean with “live Windows server”… anyhow it’s a WindowsXP server, Apache 2.2, PHP5, latest MySQL – all installed on a personal LAN server.

And the Apache/PHP installation works fine with some other simple PHP applications.

I also tried to copy an older installation of bbpress that worked fine on a previous WinXP/Apache server, but due to a disk failure I had to format the drive and re-install everything.

However, that older bbpress turned out with the exact problem (blank page) and the same line Apache’s error.log…

My guess is something’s wrong with my Apache/PHP installation.

Thx,

lokem

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Looks like a problem with gettext. Search around for hints on enabling PHP’s gettext functions. I think it’s just a matter of moving an extension DLL on windows or something, it’s long enough since I administered a windows machine that I have forgotten – and I’m not going back – so that’s all te help I can offer. I don’t know why the included php_gettext wouldn’t have kicked in though.

I have an /ext/ folder, with all the extensions including php_gettext.dll.

In php.ini the extension_dir is set to “C:/Program/PHP/ext”, which is correct.

By using phpinfo(); I can see that gettext is enabled.

Further, I have tried re-installing PHP.

Still, I get the same results as above. Any help?

After hours of troubleshooting I finally got to the problem, by luck!

While going through the extensions in php.ini, I noticed the php_mysql.dll was disabled. So I enabled it, and bbpress started to work out great!

So it didn’t really have anything to do with gettext, but without that tip I guess I wouldn’t have checked the extensions at all!

Thanks for the help, all of you!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar