Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Permalinks / htaccess file issue

• I know if you need custom permalinks to get works, you should go to permalinks page and set the desired permalinks in order to get the haccess file for your forums folder !!

The problem is when i choose name based permalinks structure, i get a message this message :

“Rewriting on webservers other than Apache using mod_rewrite is currently unsupported, but we won’t stop you from trying”

Help Plz !!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

You need to tell us what type of server you’re using.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I think it’s a continuation of this discussion:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/cant-get-permalinks-working#post-67631

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Ah cool, thanks Chris, Thats what i get for working backwards down the list!

ioloman,

I’d suggest contacting your host to confirm that you’re on an Apache server, and inform them that the information is missing from php_info(); and the subsequent $_SERVER global variable.

Also inform them that a blank .htaccess file, which shouldn’t have any impact, causes your website to disappear.

I’m afraid you’re in the tiny minority where there’s not a lot we can do to help at this stage. Let us know what your host says, and what changes (if any) they make, and we can try again.

Kev

Thx Chris for linking to te previous topic!

Kevin,

I just want to mention that my wordpress site is currently using custom permalinks, without any problems.

Here the bbpress who couldn’t use them, i want to understand for example if i’m not on Apache server so that means my wordpress site wouldn’t use the custom permalinks (right) ?!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar