Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Permalinks for replies on long topics lose /page/ and number

• CraigM1970
    Participant

@craigm1970

Hi, I’m using WordPress 3.5 with Buddypress 1.6.2, and BBPress 2.2.3 for site-wide forums. I don’t have any groups or group forums – all forums and topics are site-wide.

This may be a bug, but I thought I’d ask here first. A couple of topics have now reached 1001 posts / 21 pages. For those topics, and those topics alone, in the activity stream and in the recent posts widget the links to the posts are incorrect. They drop the /page/21/ part of the URL so people are taken to the first page of the topic when they click them. All links and all other topics still work fine. The problem is limited to topics with over 20 pages/1001 comments

The link is being written in the database that way, without /page/21/, when the reply is created.

Any ideas? Is there some sort of limit re topic replies that the function creating the link can’t handle? I’m just not sure where to start looking.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• CraigM1970
    Participant

@craigm1970

After doing a bit of digging it seems that the reply information is created by bbp_reply_create, which uses bbp_get_reply_url to create the link. However, I can’t see anything there that would cause the issue. Any ideas?

Daniel J. Lewis
    Participant

@djosephdesign

I’ve seen this behavior too. My community reports it when they reply to a long topic, they’re thrown back to the first page instead of seeing the page with their reply.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar