Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Performance comparison

• Does anyone compared, in terms of performance, the Vanilla forum with bbPress forum installation?

It would be interesting to know if there are pros and cons concerning the server load and speed executing requests; just to investigate and have an objective comparison between these two lightweight engines.

Thank you a lot!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I tested Vanilla out for a week or so, then bbPress (I’d tried every other flavour out there in the two weeks before). Vanilla is cool, and I love the look of version 2, but bbPress is what I’m going with now for 2 community forums.

As to speed, I haven’t done any ‘proper’ testing, but find bbPress very fast. Also, all the plugins I need worked first time without problems,and the default theme is very easy to adapt. bbPress only uses 8 core tables compared to 14 in Vanilla. I guess that might speed things up a little, as there are less eggs in the air..?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I have only a couple hours of experience with Vanilla but bbPress 0.9 is probably faster than any other forum software out there with the same features (that changes with bbPress 1.0 however).

bbPress 0.9 is so fast it doesn’t even have a page cache (yet) like wp-super-cache and doesn’t even need it. Just watch out with some old plugins that have performance issues and you’ll be fine.

Thank you for your help!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar