Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Patch: Categories for version 0.8

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

For those interested in adding forum categories to their brand new bbPress 0.8 install, there is an updated patch on the development site.

The relevant ticket is here

Download the last attachment “categories-build701.patch”, this is the build number for version 0.8

To patch, simply go to your install directory:

$ cd /path/to/installation/

Then (on Unix, Linux and OSX) patch using patch

$ patch -p0 < /path/to/patchfile/categories-build701.patch

On windows you will have to use some other patching tool – but the premise is the same.

Upgrade your database by running the upgrade script at /bb-admin/upgrade.php

Go to the category admin area and create a category/s, then go to the forum admin area and assign your forums to your category/s.

Done.

Viewing 6 replies - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)

• maker

@maker

I downloaded Tortoise SVN and it seems to have done the job. Thanks Sam.

Nola1974
    Participant

@nolageek

For those of us that don’t have shell access, can someone upload a copy of the patched files?

has anyone got this patch to work on the latest release? when i apply the patch i get a lot of failed chunks and then when i try and view the site i get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bb_get_categories();

eek!

You don’t want it! It already lets you do this. Go to bb-Admin > Content > Forums and you can make forums sub/child-forums of other forums. It’s like this, only built-in.

No…

I do what this. Sub-forums is not at all what I want… I want to be able to create categories and then put forums and sub-forums in them :P

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

This would be hard to update. I’m not going to do it. Feel free to modify and redistribute the patch yourself though.

Viewing 6 replies - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar