Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Password Protect Each Forum

• idesigns
    Participant

@idesigns

I need to be able to password protect each forum. So the user will have to enter a password to gain access to that forum.

Is this possible or any plugins I can use?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Are your users “registered” ?

If so you can just make the forums “hidden”

idesigns
    Participant

@idesigns

Yes, but I need to password protect each forum. Not just the forums page. So each forum has a different password.

APNA
    Participant

@apna

I am also trying to make a certain forum password protected.

My site is http://apnanurses.asn.au

I would like to make a few forums for different Committees and have them only accessible using a password. I would like them all to have different passwords so you can’t access a committee that you’re not in. Is there any way to do this?

ChrisOdin
    Participant

@chrisodin

I’m also looking for something like this, if anyone finds a answer please post it!

Kellylise
    Participant

@kellylise

Would a membership plugin assist?

If the each forum is protected by a different membership level, only “members” could see the member-specific forum.

The membership plugin I’m using protects bbPress Forum pages.

Robin W

@robin-w

Ok, I’ve just finished a plugin called ‘bbp Private Groups’

This plugin adds private groups to the forums, allocating users to up to 8 groups, and combinations of forums to those groups, creating multiple closed forums.

download from

bbp Private Groups

Let me know what you think.

I’ll add this to the wordpress plugin repository in the next few days

clair44
    Participant

@clair44

Even using a password does not guarantee the security of the forum. The only viable option is probably the use of decentralized applications such as utopia p2p. These applications are essentially a closed web system with their own browser, email and even mining. The forum based on it is absolutely safe, since no personal data is needed to use the application.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar