Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Participants can't create topics/post replies

• karloy
    Participant

@karloy

After recent upgrades (not sure if 2.3 or 2.3.1) all my “participant” users can’t reply to or post new topics. I tried many things based on user role post, but I’m still stuck.

– Ran the repair tool to ensure all subscribers are mapped as forum “participants”
    – Used the “Members” plugins to enable subscribers to post/reply to forums
    – Re-installed bbpress
    – When through the code, and it appears participant don’t get granted to the proper rights.

Even though it was not independent from the “blog” privileges before, it was way easier to use a visual permission editor.

Any idea what to do?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• karloy
    Participant

@karloy

Found it – buddypress was applying a filter, and it does some wonky logic. Overwrote it in my theme.

dubbinz
    Participant

@dubbinz

@Karloy can you give me some more information on how you fixed this. I have a similar problem where random users are thrown into pending with no message to them at the user end. If there is an issue with buddypress please tell me where it is and how you fixed this. Where can I find this filter.

dignifiedbimpe
    Participant

@dignifiedbimpe

@Karloy I have the same issue. please can you describe how you fixed this issue? What file did you edit and what code exactly was edited. Thanks in advance

principiante
    Participant

@principiante

I have the same problem…

Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

pandraka
    Participant

@pandraka

I’m having the same issue, all topics created by participants get set to pending. Then a moderator needs to open the topic. It is frustrating the participants. I’m using the twentytwelve theme which has been customize. so far I’m not seeing any code setting topics to pending. I’m still digging, but if anyone has an idea where to look that would really help.

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress does not set any pending.

I don’t know if buddypress does, or if you are using another plugin to do pending?

autoradiogps
    Participant

@autoradiogps

Hello,
    Me too, I have this problem. How do we avoid it please?
    Thank you

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar