Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Parse error – Please Help!!

• Hi all,

I am getting this error when I go to the url for my bbpress install, apparently everything worked during install and integration to my wordpress blog.

However this is the error I get –

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/d/o/c/docst4r/html/iglesiacdr/bbpress/bb-config.php on line 24

this is what is on line 24 in my bb_config.php –

$bb_table_prefix = ‘bb_’; // Only letters, numbers and underscores please!

This is all foreign to me please help.

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You didn’t mention what version you installed. It matters for finding problems like this. It looks like it’s probably an Alpha release and the indication of an error on that line means there’s likely a problem on a previous line. My guess is that there is a syntax error in the BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY.

It helps to use an editor with syntax highlighting to see if this is the problem. Posting an edited version of the bb-config.php will not help because you will destroy the evidence in editing.

I have seen keys that work fine for WordPress, but not bbPress. Maybe that’s happening here. You might want to simplify your WordPress key then match the bbPress key to that. The WordPress API allows all sorts of weird characters in there (non A..Z a..z 0..9) and they’re properly escaped for WordPress but sometimes they don’t work with bbPress.

But I think that’s probably your problem, one of the bbPress keys. PHP reports the error on the next line it tries to parse I think.

wow,

Thanks so much for the quick response.

I’ll try what you’ve suggested and report back.

The version I’m using is the 1.0 alpha as you guessed.

Thanks again

It worked.

Thanks so much!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar