Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Page titles not changing

• leeppp222

@leeppp222

I customised my bbpress forum to fit in with the look of my blog.

I am 99% finished now but noticed one problem.

If you go to http://www.thecvstore.net/community/ all forum pages have the same page title.

What have I done wrong and does anyone know how to rectify it?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Looks like you’re using the WordPress header (blogheader) and WordPress would be looking for bloginfo(‘name’) and wp_title() where bbPress looks for bb_get_title() and uses whatever forum or topic you’re viewing. So, the bbPress data is not available to WordPress.

Just a guess. Not sure of the best way to fix it, but I would guess that’s what’s going on. The header is supplied by WordPress but the titles need to be supplied by bbPress functions.

leeppp222

@leeppp222

Thanks Chris, below is a copy of text I altered in ‘Header.php’:

<head>

<meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/html; charset=utf-8″ />

<title><?php bb_title(); ?></title>

<?php bb_feed_head(); ?>

<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”<?php bloginfo(‘stylesheet_url’); ?>” type=”text/css” />

<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”<?php bb_stylesheet_uri(); ?>” type=”text/css” />

<?php if ( ‘rtl’ == bb_get_option( ‘text_direction’ ) ) : ?>

<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”<?php bb_stylesheet_uri( ‘rtl’ ); ?>” type=”text/css” />

<?php endif; ?>

Is there something I have done wrong here that could be causing the problem?

In addition, my config.php file has this entered as the top line:

<?php require_once(‘/home/fhlinux208/t/mysite/user/htdocs/blog/wp-blog-header.php’) ?>

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I know next to nothing about integration, but if you check the source for a forum page, you’ll see that all the header stuff is from WordPress not bbPress. I would guess it has something to do with the way the header is being included. Hopefully someone who knows how to do this will come along soon. But I think it’s safe to say the header is your WordPress header not your bbPress header.

leeppp222

@leeppp222

is there anyone else here that can help?

leeppp222

@leeppp222

***bump***

leeppp222

@leeppp222

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar