Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Page and Breadcrumbs Not Matching Up

• Brandon Moner
    Participant

@ctvonline

I have a page named “The Hive” that I placed the shortcode [bbp-forum-index] onto in order to make that my forum index page. However when i go into a forum and then back out via the breadcrumbs at the top of the page, I’m no longer on the “The Hive” page index, but the “Forums” index.

I’m pretty sure I’m doing something wrong, so how can I have it to where…
    1) I create a page to host the forum index named “The Hive”
    2) When I click into a forum, the breadcrumbs read “Home/The Hive/[Forum Topic]”
    3) When I click on “The Hive” in the breadcrumbs, it takes me back to “The Hive” page I created.

Now I am brand new to bbPress and as such, the method I outlined above might not be the way to do it. I’m not concerned with the process so much as the end result which can hopefully be something that doesn’t confuse the visitors when I launch the site.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Brandon Moner
    Participant

@ctvonline

Ok I think I solved my issue. I made sure the Forum Root slug was the same as the slug for the page I created to hold the forum index shortcode. It seems to be working seamlessly now.

If this WASN’T the way to do it and might give me trouble down the line, please leave a comment and let me know other ways you guys have solved this.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar