Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Page 2 on Latest Discussions requires login? Huh?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I registered. The forum registration was forced through WordPress. I logged in at WordPress. I appear logged in at the forum. When I try page two, I got the login box from WordPress as you experienced.

When I tried I tried loggin in at bb-login.php with the password that was mailed out by WordPress, it said “incorrect password.”

So, I’d say it has something to do with the integration.

Has it ever worked before and this is new, or since installation it’s always been like this?

This is a new installation, so am just seeing it. Didn’t notice it during development, and really have no idea how to track it down.

Integration steps taken:

– bb-config.php has COOKIEPATH, BB_AUTH_KEY, BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY, BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY, BB_NONCE_KEY (all keys match values in wp-config.php) & require_once($_SERVER . ‘/’ . ‘wp-blog-header.php’);

– WordPress-bbPress syncronization plugin v0.8.0 installed & active in both WP & bbP.

– bbP has a few other plugins but nothing I would think would affect any of the above issues (allow images, auto add favs, bbcode buttons, bbcode lite, new post notification).

Thought I followed all the integration steps to the letter, but I guess something is amiss. Seen anything like this before?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Never seen it before.

Are you using any plugins that might do it? Something with permissions or pagination or something?

I list the plugins that the forum uses above… have several other plugins in the WP install, but none that should touch login cookies.

I’m at a loss… sure wish BBPress was integrated with WP more; seems like it’s trying to exist in two worlds at once.

Following your advice, just discovered it is the aggregator WP-O-Matic plugin that was causing this, for some unknown reason.

Thanks for the guidance to tracking this issue down.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar