Categories
Search
Bottom

Outlet

• AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

http://outletzine.org/forums

Outlet is a magazine site based around the arts and other contemporary things. Our forums are mostly more ‘hang out’ and less utility/support, but its still fun. Custom theme, different type of front page than most, and good utilization of plugins, namely the summon plugin and private messaging.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Trent Adams

@trent

Very nice! Stupid question….how did you get the header image to expand perfectly to the size of the window that is open. If I change the browser to smaller it still fits perfectly and wider as well…….?

Trent

fel64

@fel64

It’s a simple case of a tiled (but large, so you can’t see it) background Trent. Here’s the CSS to do it.

#wrapper {
    background:#202020 url(images/page_header_tile.png) repeat-x scroll 0px -25px;
    }

That’s a really nice forum. I like your bold black/white/pink colour scheme :)

AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

Thanks guys,

Yeah Trent that image is 2000 pixels wide. It’s the only way I could get that effect since i had users complaining about the site not looking good on their big widescreen Apple monitors… poor babies!!

Angie Bergmann

@radkitten

Ahhh it looks great! Question!!

How did you get the first poster section? Since there’s no Codex for this yet and I’m not much of a PHP Guru, I couldn’t figure out what to sue to get the original post authors name to show up on the posts listing :-/.

AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

I added a new column to the HTML table and used the <?php topic_author(); ?> tag

Angie Bergmann

@radkitten

Ahhh haha thank you kindly. that would have made sense, but I’m not too quick when it comes to PHP yet. thank you!

AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

I just added the TinyMCE editor to my site. Does anybody know a solution to the wierd indentation stuff it does with the <blockquote> tags?

fel64

@fel64

What weird indentation does it do with the b-quote tags? Check your database if the weird indentation is there also.

AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

It’s a hard problem to explain – if you go into a thread and quote somebody, it shows up in the MCE as <blockquote> quote </blockquote>

In the editor, it kind of locks you into blockquote mode – first, the quote is indented, which isnt so much of a problem as it is just a display discrepancy as the quotes aren’t indented in posts..

however, when you hit return, the next paragraph shows up as a new blockquote and doesnt default back to plain text inside the editor, and you have to hit tinyMCE’s ‘outdent’ button.

More or less a pain, but one that might get people to stop posting :(

fel64

@fel64

In MCE it always assumes the next paragraph to be b-quoted too, unless you specify otherwise. I think it’s default behaviour.

You could probably modify the Quote plugin so that instead of returning <blockquote> quoted stuff </blockquote> it attached a newline character or two. Something like <blockquote> quoted stuff </blockquote>nn might be enough as a modification, I’m not sure. MCE should interpret the two new lines as a new paragraph, hopefully without blockquotage.

AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

Thats exactly what I ended up doing, just adding a <br/> after the blockquotes and it seemed to work ok – I think people will get used to it.

AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

Bumping this to say I did some CSS overhauls on it. What do you think? Any nits that you care to point out?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar