Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

One topic out of all of the rest is off under the side panel

• folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

I just noticed on of my topics is running the words off to the right and under the side panel. I would assume this is one of my plugins but it only happens on two of the topics. Foliage reports http://jeff-foliage.com/forums/topic/foliage-reports/ and http://jeff-foliage.com/forums/topic/favorite-foliage-routes/

The rest of my topics both with and without pictures all line up on the right side and don’t slide under the side panel…

Any ideas? do you think this is a plugin causing problems and most importantly has anyone else seen it? :-)

I’m running the current beta RC-4 and I’m working in Chrome and Firefox and IE9 and all show the same thing and the box for the posts are running out of room…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Can’t help because I can’t highlight anything or click on anything that isn’t a link.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

At best guess, something is up with the table CSS. Each cell should be allowed to stretch to fit it’s content.

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

I turned off the protection and I turned off the toolbar as it had disappeared after I noticed the one topic was off. The I noticed a second one and now I think all of them are off.

I haven’t ever messed with the CSS on the site and to be honest I don’t think there were any updates today and I did the usual turn off all plugins but it was still the same…

I’ve turned off the protections for highlight and right clicks…

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

Ok… I now have everything back to normal… I had a Map from another site displaying on one of the topic posts. Once I got rid of that the topic margins went back to normal. But why did it take from to 24 August till this afternoon to melt down on me…

You would think that it would have gone then… but it waited until today… That is strange if that is what really caused it…

Thoughts?

Thanks for a great product… :-)

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

I also noticed the text was spilling outside of the container on each topic/reply.

I would have looked into it a bit, but your blocking view source and I’m to annoyed by that to bother. There is definitely something a bit screwy with the css.

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

As to the no right click and also the no dragging an image off to the desk top.

I have a lot of photography on my site and while the measures I take only really keep the honest people honest since it those folks who grab my pictures to put on their blogs and pages… I like them to at least ask or rent the image..

But I do not care if you see the source for the page and I will deactivate the right click protection if that helps you out.

I feel it has to do with a third party toolbar for bbpress. This allows images to be uploaded (and as a photographer I desire this function and I want my users to be able to upload what they see on their touring around New England) When I take the pictures out of a topic it fixes the topic.

But I feel because the images are too large (I’m going to recommend he look to force the image to resize to the window)

I have turned off the disable on right clicks so feel free to see what is going on.

You may say and rightly so that this is the toolbar person’s responsibility to fix and I’m sure he will but I thought it should be something you knew about that way you can look into it and see if there is some code that you need to fix on your end to ensure that third party writers can’t upset the CSS with their code efforts.

Jeff

master5o1
    Participant

@master5o1

In my CSS (toolbar.css) all things are constrained to #post-toolbar.

It doesn’t do any resizing yet, and may never do. But the toolbar’s FAQ does suggest how to set a max-width using style.

I am going to make the CSS more customisable, just a tad.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar